I’m excited to be attending this year’s Alternative Sexualities Conference in Chicago. The conference is all day Friday, May 22 followed by a half day Kink-Identified Clinician’s meeting on Saturday. Some of the topics covered are:
- The Personality of BDSM Practitioners
- Interdisciplinary approaches to talking aboutkink culture and identity in higher education
- Managing Professional and Ethical Boundaries: Being a Clinician and Living Within the Kink Communities
- Sadomasochism without Sex? Exploring the Parallels between BDSM and Extreme Rituals
- Uncovering Therapist Bias
- The Psychobiology of SM: An overview
- The Sound Relationship Dungeon: Healthy Kink, Abusive Kink, and Addressing Abusive Dynamics in BDSM
- The Eroticization of Pain: A Critical Metabletic
The keynote address is From Sex Wars to Peace: Working Together For a Model of Positive Sexuality. There will also be a roundtable discussion – Is Kink A Sexual Orientation?
It should be a great day!!